Cross Town Loop: Resigned

I was resigned... I said resigned, not resigning as we know at least one "in over his head" public servant should do. Of course we also know a massively bloated ego and sense of worth won't let him. Hmmm, I lost my train of thought there and nearly derailed. So then, where was I...? Oh, yes resigned. As I said, I was resigned to searching for a numbered tree, or maybe remarking about how dark it is getting, the sun already dropped below the hills as I start along Powerline, the need to lose the sunglasses half-way through the ride, or maybe leave an extra offering on the cycling altar to see me safely through the "magic hour" of twilight. 


But then I noticed some little flashing red lights up ahead; they appeared to be stopped at the signal at Indian Hill. Doubling down I managed to catch them a moment before the signal changed color - "well, I know them" - it was the Monday cyclocross practice group heading for home. I knew them, but didn't know there was a Monday cyclocross practice group, I confessed to no one other than myself. Not that it would make any difference, too old to quit the job, and too young to retire. No doubt about it, though, cyclocross is coming.


Comments