Ladies and Gents, Meet Thirsty Thursday

If there is anything to be learned from tonight's ride it is that I don't pound out enough miles on the road. At least now I can write a grammatically correct sentence; three quarters through the ride and I was almost speaking gibberish, substituting cannon for camera. Well, perhaps that is not so bad since Canon is a camera, after all. But still... not the intent. So yeah, I was kind of pushing up against my current limit somewhere out in Covina, I believe it was. Thing about these rides, though, if you do enough of them your limit expands; like the six million dollar man you can go faster, you can go farther, you can... well, maybe that is all that really matters.

I don't recall now who lied to me about the Ladies and Gents ride being mellow, but at some point it just wasn't anymore, not that I heard any complaints. And then when the Thirsty Thursday group rolled up I wasn't cooked so much as burnt toast. Fun, huh? Heck yeah!









"Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
Looking back at the years gone by like so many summer fields
In sixty-five I was seventeen and running up one-oh-one
I don't know where I'm running now, I'm just running on

Running on, running on empty..."

Comments