Up the Road: Bike4Mike Coastal Ride

Hey, last minute in the extreme, I know but two days from now (Sunday 19 March) is the Bike4Mike Coastal Ride to End ALS. Considering that cousin-in-law, Greg Sacks, is an original organizer of the ride, and current Chairman of the Team Godfather Charitable Foundation, which raises funds to fight ALS in memory of Mike Ramirez, I am shocked and outraged (with myself) that the ride has flown under my radar, and unobserved, for all this time. This will be the sixth year for the Ride, and will also mark the $1,000,000 milestone - that is one million dollars raised through the generosity and energy of you, my fellow cyclists (and I am sure some less-than-cyclists as well) toward combating ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease.

It appears as though registration for the Ride is still open. You can also read about the rides' beginning, its mission, and the Foundation in this story from today's San Diego Tribune.

San Diego Tribune photo

Comments