Cycling Claremont: J. Brown Violin Maker


A couple years with a trombone in junior high school, and a half-hearted attempt to learn the piano before that (which was probably measured in weeks) convinced me that, while I might like listening to music, I was never going to play it. Sometimes I think it would be nice to know how to play the violin (until memory of those early attempts snaps my head back), just so I could say "Violin? Yeah, I have a J. Brown." The J. Brown Violin Maker studio and shop fits right into the Claremont arts scene - handmade craft at this level is definitely an art. 

Truthfully though, my interest in the J. Brown building generally transcends what can be found inside. For me it is that nice shaded porch. I think it may always be shaded and because of that, if I had the nerve, I would like to pull up after a long summer ride, a smoothie from the Jamba across the street in hand, take a seat, and just relax in that wonderful shade.

A short (five minute) video about J. Brown and his violins can be seen here.

The Cycling Claremont series of posts highlight some of the local businesses I have been known to frequent because I like what they offer, because they are bicycle friendly, or because they provide something unique or interesting, and which visitors to Claremont may also like.

Comments