Backpedal: San Diego Custom Bicycle Show

In honor of my media credentials being approved for the North American Handmade Bicycle Show (NAHBS) at the end of February, I thought I would dredge up this old post from the San Diego Custom Bicycle Show, published at the old Claremont Cyclist in April 2011. The few photos here didn't make that original post, though other views of some of the same bikes may have.

I love it when the opportunity to focus on the craft side of the bicycle world presents itself. Often that means a short post, a bit of background, a few photos about some bike I happen to have noticed while out and about. Those are random opportunities, and I never know when they will come up. Because it brings so many of today's custom and handmade builders together in one place, at one time, the annual NAHBS is the biggest opportunity of the year.

I understand that some of these same makers are expected to be at NAHBS in little more than a couple weeks. I look forward to seeing what they have to show, continuities in their designs, new tangents and, as always, the details. Needless to say, the same anticipation applies to all the others on the extensive list of exhibitors.







Comments

  1. Interesting reading about Ybarrola Cycles and his Grandfather Mario Persechini.............http://www.ybarrola.com/About-text.htm....Gino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link. Found some interesting stuff on the Ybarrola site.

      Delete

Post a Comment