It's Here: SCCPSCX

So long
I've been looking too hard, I've been waiting too long
Sometimes I don't know what I will find
I only know it's a matter of time…

AND NOW IS THE TIME.
It is here at last. No more counting the months, weeks, the days. No more bugging your cross racing buddies with the "how much longer, How. Much. Longer?" question. No more putting 'X' marks on the calendar. No more riding your cross bike on the local mountain bike trail. No more practicing dismounts and run ups in the park, with people watching and wondering just what that crazy fool is doing. That long dry stretch of hot, empty Summer weekends has reached an end. Cross season has arrived. O'Melveny Cross, presented by H & S Bicycles kicks off the 2014/2015 SoCal Cross Prestige Series with two full days of racing.



As these last few days tick away, I am beginning to think the Ibis (Hakkalugi) just won't be ready in time. I will keep trying right up to the end, but it is touch and go at this point. Hoping is pointless. The only thing that will get it done is emptying the wallet with a sudden burst of buying and/or raiding one of the stable steeds, and some dedicated time with the work stand and tool box.

Whatever the outcome, I will see you there.

Comments