Interbike 2013: "New" Kids on the Road

If you read my post on this years Interbike fatbikes you might remember the prototype build by Pro-Form. Well, the company is also getting into the road bike market and, quite frankly, I like their two models much better than I do the fatty. The Alpe d'Huez is their full carbon model, while the Col du Galibier combines an aluminum main triangle with carbon stays and fork. From what I saw at the show, both models look like they will be fun rides, easily capable of carrying you to heights equal to their respective namesakes. The question is, will they meet expectations from the all important performance standpoint? Time will tell.




I know others have beat me to the punch when it comes to mentioning the return of Greg Lemond to the bicycle frame game. I think the fact that so many have chose to do so, says something about the hope and promise that the name represents. This bike (below) is just so darn nice, especially built out with 80th anniversary Campagnolo. I still see older bikes bearing the Lemond name being ridden around town; hope he has success with this latest endeavor.

As with all these reviews from Interbike 2013, I have not received any prior compensation, nor promise of later compensation, from the above mentioned company, nor am I connected to them in any way. Views expressed are the result of my observations and subsequent research only.

Comments