2013 SDSR: Getting Ready...


This year, once again, the phrase getting ready has nothing to do with lubing my chain and otherwise making sure the bike is in perfect working condition, nor making sure I have helmet, shoes and kit when I leave the house. Instead I will be covering all three stages of the San Dimas Stage Race for the blog. There will be plenty of photos to accompany whatever stories I can think up. Races start tomorrow (Friday) with the traditional stage one mountain time trial, and are followed by the road race in and around Bonelli Park on Saturday, and a circuit race in downtown San Dimas on Sunday. I am guessing most of the local folk have already familiarized themselves with this years event. For those more distant, you can check out the start list for the tt at the SDSR website, for an idea of which teams and riders will be competing. I arrived at the shop to pick up my press stuff early in the evening; some racers were already there, lined up, or arrived just after I did, to pick up their race package. Amongst them were riders for the Hagens Berman Cycling Team from the Pacific Northwest; just a quick fact about them, they count among their alumni both Sven Tuft and Tyler Farrar. Good racing to everyone. See you out there.

Comments