Santa Barbara, Close to Perfection...

Just a quick visit today. In fact we were only along the narrow stretch of park/beach between the East Beach Bathhouse and Stearns Wharf. Whether you are a roadie rolling the sharrow along East Cabrillo Boulevard, locals cruising the bike path, or tourists pedaling along on a rental, Santa Barbara is incredibly bike-friendly. The annual French Festival takes place up there in another two weeks; hopefully I will make it back up there for that, and then I can re-acquaint myself with some of my old routes - you know, a my favorite routes kind of post. For now, just some photos I took while afoot:

Leia - i'm a dog, get this thing off me

enjoying the sun. cycle chic at its best

somber in the sand. anti-war display

all in the family

beach cruiser

stoker-less tandem

best floppy hat

beach cruising

family affair

blue pacific

high wire balancing act

bike path focus

spike. serious air time at the bud light beach volleyball tourney

there was a whole group of guys on these cruisers at the east beach bathhouse. the bikes weren't over the top, as some are, but they were immaculate, clean, super sharp. if i had a cruiser, it would be like this

the look back

Comments