Psycho-lists Get Lectured...

regroup in Covina

Between the long weekend upstate, and not feeling enthused to ride much since getting back, I really needed a good group ride today to get back into the groove. The Friday morning Psycho-lists filled in nicely. More than 20 pairs of wheels were spinning in the group, many familiar faces, and some new ones too. We took a fairly standard round-about route to Classic Coffee in Glendora. The Psycho-list rides have really grown since I began to join in on them last year, and I think a lot of that has to do with the mix. It leans toward being a social ride with just enough elements of a training ride to keep it interesting. There are regroups and the mid-point coffee and danish stop, but when the road turns up (and sometimes down) the race is on. Mark, Dean, Phil, Greg, there are plenty of people to compel me to chase, or indeed, try to get the jump.


centerline, Bonelli Park

Normally, a Friday route will skirt around Bonelli Park, but today we deviated from that and rode a loop through the park. In doing so, we attracted the attention of one of the park's Sheriff deputies. Whether it was the opportunity to speak to a large number of cyclists all at one time, or some other reason, which I am fairly certain had nothing to do with my rolling a right turn stop sign in front of him (Doh, and I used to be so observant), he did stop us enmasse for a little lecture. It wasn't a combative, you-darn-cyclists lecture. It was more an informative lecture about excessive speed down the big hill, and stopping, lecture. If I remember, the Sheriffs began citing riders last year during the Bud's Ride on Wednesday evenings, and now with summer group riding in full swing, this was probably just a little community interaction - getting the word out, warning. And now I am passing the warning on in turn.

group was all spread out cruising through Bonelli

heading up Cannon along the route of the San Dimas Stage Race -
another center line photo op, followed by the inevitable chase of Mark
before the KOM

Anyway, after a week of very little riding, this was just what I needed. My endurance seemed to be mostly MIA, but I picked my battles and pushed it when I could, attacking all but one hill at 90% to 100% effort. Then sitting in. It is a social ride after all.

Comments