Dirt C & V: Bianchi Peregrine...


My weekly stop in at the World's Smallest Bikeshop, the Velo in Claremont, turned up this Bianchi Peregrine in classic Celeste no less. From what I have been able to make out, Bianchi manufactured the Peregrine model during the 1990s, which means it is still somewhere between its early 20s and a teenager. Not a whole lot of scaring in other words, it still looks pretty darn good. As if the classic Bianchi frame isn't enough to send a shiver up your spine, it was built out with, and still has its Ritchie Logic fork and headset. Ritchie rims, front and back, are said to be original and are in good shape. Grips are also original Ritchie, while Shimano Deore drivetrain rounds things out. 






In the photo above you notice the cable guide for the front brake, obviously switched out at some point. Didn't get a good photo, but the rear has mounts for a rack, meaning this could be a sturdy workhorse right out the corral gate. It's a beauty.


Comments

  1. Hi,

    I bought one of these new in the early 90's. I put quite a few miles on it over the years but ended up selling it, which I now regret. I miss it badly. I ended up building a second set of wheels for it with the same hubs and rims but road gearing and I mounted up a set of Specialized Fat Boy tires for road use. I wish I could find one just like it. Mine was the Celeste color like this one. Someone please sell me yours. You can email me at CobraRGuygmaildotcom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing about the Velo, where I saw this one, many of the buyers are students at the Colleges who, when they graduate, sell the bikes back again. This one was recently back in the shop (for quite a while) before being sold yet again.

      Delete
    2. If you would like pictures email me at cleghorna06@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I have one exactly like this I'll be willing to sell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment